Re: [TenTec] Pegasus/Jupe Band Scope Questn

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pegasus/Jupe Band Scope Questn
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:22:10 -0800 (PST)
I suppose you can use the 2.5 kHz steps as a design point.
Have the external sound card program take 2.5 kHZ wide "snap
shots" of the 12 KHz IF signal at each 2.5 kHz step. Then
just tune the first LO for as many 2.5 kHz chunks you want
(within reason) and then have the sound card program stack
those 2.5 kHz pieces of spectrum back together along the X
axis of the sweep window.

Once we've made the leap to using the 12 kHz IF tap then the
DSP AGC behavior of the Pegasus/Jupiter is moot. All we need
to be concerned with then is tuning the 1st LO in 2.5 kHz
steps and coordinating that with the external software.

Duane
N9DG