Re: [TenTec] Pegasus/Jupe Band Scope Questn

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pegasus/Jupe Band Scope Questn
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:42:17 -0500
The FlexRadio has an advantage over the Pegasus / Jupiter in that the Tayloe
detector produces both an I (in-phase) and Q (quadrature) signal which are
fed to the two channels of a stereo sound card. This actually allows you to
get 44 kHz Bandwidth with a 44 kHz sampling rate (normally, the maximum
bandwidth is half the sampling rate).  With the Pegasus / Jupiter, we only
have one channel, so we ARE limited to half the sampling rate, but with a 44
kHz sampling rate (possible on most all sound cards as it is the sampling
rate of audio CDs), we can get 20 kHz of bandwith - which is probably all
the Pegasus passes through the roofing filter anyways.  There's no reason
that DSP software using the IF from the Pegasus / Jupiter couldn't look as
good as that from the FlexRadio.