Re: [TenTec] Pegasus/Jupe Band Scope Questn

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pegasus/Jupe Band Scope Questn
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:47:25 -0500
I don't know.  It sounds like the internal sweep can read signal strength
directly.  The program can only read S meter level which is really the AGC
level and not true signal strength.  I would guess they could add a command
to the firmware to read actual antenna voltage.  This would not have as much
residual in it as AGC does.  Or maybe they could add another AGC rate that
was called "super fast".

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC