Re: [TenTec] Orion & Tune button

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion & Tune button
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:07:50 -0500
Mark....

I think the process you describe is correct, but the numbers may be
wrong.

For an Orion without an internal tuner, as you state, pushing the
TUNE button is supposed to produce a fixed 20 watt output for tuning
an amplifier. It's true that with the TUNE button pushed, you press
PWR and the output goes to what ever you have the rf output power
set for. 40 watts output in the TUNE position by itself, would
probably overdrive most amplifiers, thus the 20w is a pretty safe
level to tune up your amp.

Ref:  Manual page 19, Section (40) TUNE

Tom - W4BQF