[TenTec] 2 Filter Limit

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 2 Filter Limit
From: Phil Florine <flor0045@metnet.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:27:53 CST
I'm catching up on e-mails.

Put a wide and a narrow in your lowest IF.  Skirts are best there.  I use a
500 and a 250 from TT.  Cascading a pair of 500s or 250s doesn't help
selectivity much.  I can do that and was surprised at what little was
gained in selectivity.  You can really tell a difference between 500 and
250.

Additionally, if you don't cascade filters, you won't see the reduced
sensitivity that some claim to see and the PBT adjustment won't become as
touchy as some claim it becomes.