Re: [TenTec] real CW ops

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] real CW ops
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:36:57 -1000
Hi Ron,

No. I've never been a professional CW operator, never been a traffic
operator. I don't even consider myself very proficient as a CW operator.
I am trying though, because I love it. I did not even start to like CW
until I got to about 10 WPM or more. I don't see why anybody else would
enjoy 5 WPM either. I'm glad to send that speed for someone who wants
it. Farnsworth method at about 15 WPM character speed. Learning code at
5WPM character speed is guaranteed to require relearning if one is ever
to enjoy it very much.

DE N6KB