Re: [TenTec] Sub-receiver noise redux

To: <kd4e@verizon.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sub-receiver noise redux
From: "Roger Borowski" <K9RB@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:40:56 -0400
Doc, You may want to see if you can set up a message rule, if you're using
Outlook or Outlook Express to help alleviate this problem for you to some
degree. Possibly other e-mail client programs also have ways to handle this
too? The only reason I saw this message is because it contains "DX4WIN", and
it was sent to the DX4WIN e-mail folder that I created. I have that
particular "message rule" set to send any message containing DX4WIN in the
subject or text to the DX4WIN folder. BEFORE the message rule Number I set
up to send any message with Orion in the subject or text to be immediately
sent to the deleted items folder. The rules work in the order in which they
are numbered and once a rule applies to the incoming messages, it looks no
further and follows the first rule that applies. This system works well for
me most of the time and saves me a great deal of time I once spent sorting
the rat poop out of the pepper, so to speak. Between the message rules and
the blocked senders list, you can pretty much have the program do all the
sorting for you. For my TenTec folder, for instance, I have a message rule
set that if the message has [TenTec] in the subject line and Omni VI in the
subject line OR the message text, to send it to the TenTec folder and yet
another rule, with a higher number, (very important)  that a message which
has [TenTec] in the subject line be sent to the Deleted Items folder. This
way, messages from the TenTec reflector that contain "Omni VI" (or Omni VI
Plus, Omni VI + etc.) are the only incoming messages in my TenTec folder.
These are the only messages I am interested in reading, everything else from
the TenTec reflector that doesn't contain "Omni VI" goes right to the
Deleted Items folder. I subscribe to a large number of different reflectors
and typically get anywhere from 150-225 messages on the average day. This
solution helped me see how many I really didn't need to waste time viewing,
just by watching the number of unread messages in the deleted items folder!
It gets flushed whenever I restart the program. Since I have created folders
and message rules for each, this leaves my original INBOX for personal
messages and items of first nature to be read (as well as still a little bit
of Spam unfortunately).
73, -=Rog-K9RB=-