Re: [TenTec] My new Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My new Orion
From: <wq7x@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:11:47 -0400
Bob:
Thank you for your advise and help.
There are two separate issues:
1. DSP overload
2. BCI Overload

BCI overload is from very strong AM station close to my house. I have just
measured with the scope and the max. P-P voltage =2.00V at 50 Ohms.
I didn't have much time (lunch time) to take this measurement. I need to make
sure that there is no error.
When I engage attenuator in my Orion  (preamp OFF) the IMD signal drops
proportionally.
That tells me that overload is happening before the attenuator. When I put
external attenuator at the antenna input than IMD is gone.
Also, if I put external High Pass filter IMD is gone.
That is why I'm looking at diode protection circuit right before the
attenuator. Unless there is some other circuit before that and I didn't
find it yet.
There is no BCI IMD in K2 or TS930s or FT1000D.
Very strange.
Thanks,
Mark WQ7X