[TenTec] My new ORION

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] My new ORION
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:46:25 -0400
WQ7X wrote:
 >Distortion, so I tune up 7kHz and there we go S9+37dB station.
 >Turn off preamp and dist. gone.

         Mark, just for fun, try these two things (separately):

1.  Back off on RFGAIN, Preamp On.

OR...

2.  Set Threshold to 3-5 uV, Preamp On.

...and see if you still have the problem.  If
turning Preamp Off is now solving your problem,
I suspect both the above should also work.

 >No problem, but long term DSP should handle this.

I completely agree.  This had never been a problem
until 1.372 and it should be impossible for any
user to EVER overdrive the DSP, no matter where
things are set.  I'm sure it will be fixed but
there are some fairly simple work-arounds until
the next public firmware release.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV