[TenTec] Model 544 TX/RX changeover problem redux

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Model 544 TX/RX changeover problem redux
From: "Adam N." <adam2@n4ekv.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:26:12 -0700
I have a nice Model 544 that has developed a transmit/receive changeover
problem that I need some assistance diagnosing.

All was working FB in QSO on 75m LSB when I unkeyed the mic and the
S-meter went near full scale with RX sigs very muted.  Powering off/on
the radio fixed the problem until I keyed up again, and then the problem
reoccurred.

I swapped out the main T/R reed relay with a new one from Ten-Tec.  I
also DeOxit'ed the T/R-RX antenna switch on the rear (thanks Ed/w4wvw).

Yet the problem persists on an intermittent basis.

73,

Adam N.
N4EKV
Lafayette, CA