[TenTec] FS: Ten Tec 580 Delta

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Ten Tec 580 Delta
From: "NZ8J" <nz8j@woh.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:00:04 -0400
For Sale Ten Tec Model 580 Delta Transceiver
Digital Readout
160-10 meters (18 and 24 mhz bands need a xtal to activate, 10mhz has the
xtal and works)
SSB-CW modes
100 + watts out on all bands (can be used from 0 to 100 watts on CW by
adjusting the drive control)
Has 4 stage audio filter that is inserted inside the agc loop so strong
signals outside the bandpass do not affect it.

(It came with a 282 250hz cw filter, but there was TOO much loss through it
so I took it out and rely on just the audio filter (similar to the old
Tritons) I'll include the model 282 250 hz cw filter in the deal, but I
really don't think it is operating properly.

It is a 8+ condition, front panel is excellent, no marks or wear, all
original knobs, some very light scratches on top cover. It was just back to
Ten Tec about 2 months ago for some repair work to the tune of $195.00 (I'll
include the receipt).  I have the power cord, the original box and manual.
Does not come with a mic.

Reason for selling, I took this in as part of a trade on another piece of
gear and really don't need it.  I have used it on cw and it works fine, I
cannot vouch for the ssb operation, but I have no reason to doubt that it
works. The repair checkout sheet from Ten Tec in March states that it was
checked out on CW & SSB on all bands.

I would like sell it for $225 plus shipping or maybe an interesting trade on
some qrp or other gear. what have you got to trade?

Thanks
Tim
NZ8J