Re: [TenTec] ORION BCI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION BCI
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:02:36 EDT

as a new owner of an orion, I have been following some discussions on this
reflector.... I see some of the dissatifaction some folks have for the  radio.

 I maybe want to bring up a simple point. regardless  of the  price of the
radio it is still just a radio. It is a good radio, and has a ton  of features
and settings and can be configured as you prefer, but it is still  only a
radio. It ain't going to get up in the morning and make you  breakfast.  I have
many other rigs, , icom 746 pro, icom756,  kenwood  ts 2000,  kenwood ts 930,
yaesu ft847, 2 yaesu's ft 857d's,  a  swan 350  and more. I have had others in
the past..

I use rig control through the computer for most of my rigs,  to  control the
amp ,  the tuner, the steppir,  the logging program,  and so on. I really like
the orion, but all and all it is still another radio.  lots of capabilities,
but a radio no the less.

the orion is also a work in progress, as the folks At ten tec figure out
more stuff, they will make new up grades to the soft ware, and improve the
radio
in the future, but  it still will not get up in the morning and make you
breakfast... so patience and a email to the company is in order to try and
improve an already great radio, but constant complaints  on the same thing
here
may not do much to improve the the function of the radio.  YMMV

tom N6AJR

ll this bad
> mouthing or whatever you want but it's just the  facts.

A fact is just that -- a fact.  But the way the "facts" are  presented, by
the small group that Bill referred to, is usually "badmouthing"  in tone and
substance, and largely rehashing old news.

I'll never  understand why former Orion owners, or current owners who
continuously rant  about one issue or the other, don't either stop worrying
(since they don't  own one anymore and have little in the way of current
experience) or don't  just sell me their Orion cheap, since they're so
dissatisfied  ....

Optionally, you can just drop your Orion off at my house for  disposal, and
.. I PROMISE  .. I'll just run it over with the truck and  haul it off to the
landfill, sometime after you drop it off and have gone  home ;-)