[TenTec] RFI and Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RFI and Orion
From: "Robert Baldwin" <bob-baldwin@cis-gw.tamu.edu>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:39:48 -0400
Bill,
   Hello from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
   I keep reading about folks having problems with rf getting into their
Orion, and thought I would send you my experience, to do with as you see
fit. I read the Ten Tec archives, but cannot post.

   This is simply a FWIW regarding the issue of  RF causing problems with
Orions. The window line I use is attached directly to one of two tuners
sitting next to the Orion. One is an Ameritron ATR-30, and the other is a
Palstar BT-1500. The window line is no more than two feet away from the
Orion, at power levels from 10 to 1000 watts. The amp is an Ameritron
AL-1200, the window line is ~45 feet of 300 ohm Wireman, delta matched to a
75 meter dipole. The delta match radiates, and is directly over the station
at about 35 feet. I have never had any problems with RF in over a year of
daily operation.

bob  baldwin WA5JOT