Re: [TenTec] ARRL Review of FT9000

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARRL Review of FT9000
From: "Tommy-W4BQF" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:10:49 -0400
After a frustrating two years with firmware updates and firmware beta
testing, I got rid of my 'problem' radio and went back to two Omni 6 Plus
rigs and based on this experience, I have to say that my ensuing 53 years my
view has not changed at all. Give me a knob to turn, a good roofing filter,
some good IF filters, good and solid full QSK, an excellent reciever, and NO
firmware updates and I get to enjoy my hobby again.

One does not have to return to an HQ-xxx anything to have a good and
reliable and reset-free radio.

Tom - W4BQF