[TenTec] Macintosh OS X control with Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Macintosh OS X control with Orion
From: Randy K7RAN <k7randy@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:31:39 -0600
I would like to interface an OS X Mac with my Orion. Specifically I'd
like to use something like MacLoggerDX, and I'd also like for someone
to recommend a PSK package as well. A few questions:

1) Are there other Orion-using Mac users on the list who interface
the two successfully?
2) Is there a specific PSK program worth using? A Google search left
me somewhat confused -- it looks like the best waterfall software is
PC-based.
3) Years ago, Heathkit offered a standalone keyboard that generated
Morse. I realize that's a wimp's way out, hi, but is there a keyboard
based software CW package for Mac OS X that can key the Orion?
MacLoggerDX seems to offer such a function, but I wonder how usable
that minor feature is.

Thanks for any advice.

Randy K7RAN