Re: [TenTec] 30 day Return Policy

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 30 day Return Policy
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:46:06 -0700
Tom, you are correct, looking backwards.

The problem is none of these rigs are getting any younger.

Older rigs often develop problems with switches and rheostats, etc.
Also, replacement parts become rare.
In addition, availability is limited.

At any point in time, I think we should be able to go to the market and buy
the almost perfect rig that meets our demands and pleases us.  Seems a bit
tough right now and I wonder if it will get better or worse.

Hey, I really wish I could buy a brand new 57 Chevy.

Maybe if enough of us write to GM, they'll build one for us.

I guess you see my point.  It ain't gonna happen, no matter how much we wish
it.

One of the biggest challenges facing all vendors, especially when trying to
come even close to the wishes which have recently been stated about having a
simple, XTAL, PTO rig, is that components with leads on them are becoming
harder and harder to find.  It seems you can only find SMD parts now days.

My guess is, if Ten-Tec could build us a Corsair III, it would cost over
$3000 (fully loaded) and it would run a high risk that some critical
component would soon be EOL.

If Ten-Tec wants to stay in business, they simply have to follow the
technology curve and never look back.

We should be thankful that at least Ten-Tec will still rebuild the PTO on
these older transceivers, should we be lucky enough to even find one.

BUT...  if Ten-Tec does ever build the Corsair III, sign me up!

Until them, I'm happy with my O1 (you can call it what you wish, I call it
what I wish - we all know what I mean) because I feel it was the best choice
on the market at the time I made the buying decision.  Rolling forward,
unless some other vendor surprises us, in my books the O2 is the best deal
going.  However I have no plans to upgrade unless some phenomenal surprises
in performance occur.

73
Rick