Re: [TenTec] 705 VS. 706 Microphone

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 705 VS. 706 Microphone
From: "Roger Borowski" <K9RB@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:03:19 -0400
Not exactly.....the 705 has a compartment accessible via the bottom plate to
hold a standard 9V battery to supply voltage for the electret mic and
circuitry, not available in the mic plug of some older transceivers. The 706
only works with rigs that supply the necessary voltage through the mic
connector, which are all the rigs for the past decade or more, including the
Orion of course. Everything else is identical as far as I know. The 705 has
a bit more versatility for use with older transceivers, that's all. Just an
additional few words of caution, If you put a battery in a 705 and don't
need it, then forget it's in there after it's useful life has expired, it
may corrode the other internal wiring and circuitry, as well as the bottom
plate. Don't put a battery in a 705 unless you require it for the rig you
are using. 73, -=Rog-K9RB=-