Re: [TenTec] 705 VS. 706 Microphone

To: mikerauh@ameritech.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 705 VS. 706 Microphone
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:49:28 -1000
>The difference between
>them seems to be the 706 PTT switch latches, that is,
>the operator must push once to transmit and push again
>to receive.  The 705 PTT is the more familiar "hold to
>talk" type of switch.

I have two TT 705 microphones. They both have two transmit buttons. The
smaller black button is a latching button (actually I think it is a
momentary contact button connected to a latching circuit) which can be
unlatched either by pushing it again, or by pushing the other larger
grey button. The larger gray (both spellings are in the dictionary)
button is a momentary contact button which works as a standard
non-latching push to talk. They also both have a 9V battery compartment.
I don't have a TT 706, so I cannot what their features are.

DE N6KB