Re: [TenTec] Openwire fed differently

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Openwire fed differently
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 15:25:19 -0700
Joel,

Well it all sounds complex to me.  I have never used any modeling software.
Another thing I never use is a balun.
I have real symmetrical matchboxes - link coupled.

I really don't have much time for experimenting since I have just co-founded
a new Internet startup business and we are burning the candle at both ends -
7 days per week.

I fear I will not manage to get anything constructed before winter, so I'll
probably just take down the openwire antenna and replace it with a double
dipole (40m hanging below 80m) with it tuned for the CW portion of 80m at
first.  After CQWW DX contest I can drop the ends and shorten it a bit and
use it on 80 SSB until summer.

I think at the end of the day I will just have to save my pennies and buy
the expensive remotely tuned matchbox.  Hey, if my new business takes off
anything like the business plan predicts, I'll buy two or three of them -
hi!

73
Rick