Re: [TenTec] What's going on with the O2?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's going on with the O2?
From: "Scott Harwood" <scotth@hsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:31:38 -0400
I couldn?t agree more.  I?ve had an O1 since June.  Sure I was a little miffed
about the announcement of OII, but that?s today?s technology.
I?ve been hamming since 1958, and never have I had such a fb rig.  It is pure
pleasure to operate, and I really enjoy hearing stations I could never hear
before, and getting outstanding reports from others on signal, audio quality,
etc.  I also own Icom 706, Kenwood TS870 and Kenwood 2000 rigs and, while
admittedly not in the same league as the IC 7800 and others, the Omni runs
circles around them.
The rig has a steep learning curve for filters, bw, agc, equalization, etc.
(for me anyhow) and this may be the reason others are having problems.  It is
truly a rig that can do whatever you want it to and do it well.
Scott K4VWK