Re: [TenTec] What's going on with the O2?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's going on with the O2?
From: "Ed Cummins" <edcummins@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:01:49 -0400
I am curious about the SDR 1000.  Since no hardware/software is ever done
right forever as technology marches forward is this approach more
reasonable/practical than the Ten Tec hardware/firmware route ?

Granted that both will suffer from obsolescence given time it seems that the
Ten Tec route may be able to preserve more of your economic value.  Used
TenTec rigs would have a depreciated value that I believe would be greater
than that of a software defined rig.   That given the fully software defined
rig may have more features and user adjustments than a hardware/firmware
version.

Interesting thoughts

Ed W3ETC