Re: [TenTec] Comments on "Repairs"

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Comments on "Repairs"
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:28:54 EST
I use the same supply you do and Airpax breakers.
18 Amp instant on the Corsair II and a 20 amp fast on the OMNI V.
I have never had a problem and have had the rigs for over 5 years.
You might want to check the numbers on those Airpax.
Look on the case and see if they sent the right ones.
Stranger things have happened.
You need to be extra careful with open line and a supply that put out  over
20 amps.
Those finals will keep drawing amps, the supply will keep  dumping amps to
the finals and, the finals will overheat and  smoke.
When your rig went out did the breaker trip?
Should have.
You never told us what they did prior to sleep mode.
I can tell you that if my Corsair II smells anything over 18 amps with
anything less than just a little over flat SWR especially on 20 meters it flat
trips in a "New York Minute."
The instant is a pain cause it goes out right away like a fast blow but
offers better protection.
The fast is fine goes like a slow blow.
The slow is useless. I tested one once and it tripped after the supply gave
25 amps to the load.
Check those breakers!
Dan/N4VET