[TenTec] Ten Tec 6N2 (Model 526) and 6 Meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 6N2 (Model 526) and 6 Meters
From: Jliving39@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:10:35 EST
Folks,
     Thought I would try six meters and bought a 6n2  last summer.  During
late July and late Aug caught a couple of openings and  work Central US and Fla
on ssb and cw.  Rig performed well and very happy  with it.  Had a dipole at
first, which performed OK, but soon replaced it  with a small 3-el beam which
obviously worked better.  However, have not  heard much at all lately and I do
listen for the beacons.  Wonder if any of  you hard core 6 meter ops can give
me a feel for when the band may be somewhat  active.  I monitor the calling
freq a lot, but seldom hear anything.   Once in a while a local will show up.
Has six hit the bottom for this  cycle.  Any 6 meter thoughts appreciated.
Again, I do like the 6n2  especially on cw.
                              Jim, K4CFA, Reston, Va