Re: [TenTec] v2.0 firmware...

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] v2.0 firmware...
From: "Steve Kline" <skline17@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:26:20 -0600
Charles,

I purchased my first TT product (ORION) December 2, 2004 and just got it
back from it's first trip to TT.  The service dept received it on 11/29
and it was shipped back to me on 12/7, I physically received it on 12/9.
Fantastic turn-around and customer service.  The following was corrected
or upgraded on my radio under warranty:
1.  Replaced defective ball bearing on VFO Bd.
2.  Replaced defective LCD Display Bd.
3.  Update Power Distribution Bd.
4.  Updated and realigned Synthesizer Bd.
5.  Updated I.F. Converter Bd.
6.  Updated CPU/DSP Bd. for 2.0 firmware.
7.  Updated firmware to version 1.372.
8.  Soldered connections on CPU/DSP Bd.
9.  Checked alignment and operation. OK.
10.  24 hour burn-in.

My point in commenting is that as of last week the service department
was not providing V2.0 firmware yet, at least on my radio (and earlier).
They were pre-positioning the CPU/DSP board with the necessary upgrade,
while the radio was in the shop so it could accommodate the down load of
v2.0 when it is released soon.  If you actually got v2.0 firmware, then
I must have just missed it by days. HI HI.

Would be interested in knowing if you actually got v2.o or the upgrade
necessary to download v2.0?

73 - Steve W5JK