[Orion] Another possible O2 bug

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Another possible O2 bug
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:15:28 -0800 (PST)
During the ARRL RTTY Roundup this weekend, twice I lost "FSK-ability".

I'd hit the function key in WriteLog to send out my exchange (or call or
whatever) and the TX would key just fine, but there was no FSK coming out of
the radio.  I was using direct FSK through the Aux I/O 8-pin DIN.

Power cycling the radio cured the problem.

I don't know if this has been reported yet.

-----
Incidentally, the radio is very usable, people should not hesitate to order
one.  It was quite a joy to use in this contest.  The receiver really worked -
I could copy stuff I couldn't hear (!) at times, and the filters were very
helpful with QRM abatement.

One more thing - I thought the color screen would be just a "nice to have" -
but having used O1 and O2, I think the color screen make a big difference in
usability - the "color-code" sections makes it easy for the eye to find the
right part of the screen to be paying attention to, and the stock color set
(you have choice of 7 others plus b/w and w/b) with black background is easy on
the eyes.

I wouldn't have believed this myself, but color makes a big difference.

-Mike K3MC