Re: [TenTec] O2 shipments

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2 shipments
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 05:26:52 -0800 (PST)
Yes! it was not a receiver that could be banged on. I still have
it and turn it on every year or so. You can't receive SSB on it
as the detector overloads so easily that even adjusting RF gain
it's a no go. My old 1935 Doyle Regen on the other hand tunes SSB
very easily. My novice rig was the SX-99 and a DX-20, made many
great contacts on the combo. Then in 1960 I bought a DX-100B
(still have it) and was on AM for 4-5 years.
73 Jim K4CGY