Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY Alingment

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY Alingment
From: <ve1bn@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:38:34 -0400
Bruce -

I used the shift info in the manual to set "things on the nose" in my
Paragon.

You have to use an external voltage source, say plus 9 V, to have shift high
and
-9V to shift low.  The manual will set you straight if you keep this in
mind.

I used 9V because I made a small battery changeover circuit with a slide
switch
in an Altoids box to have +9V or -9V as selected to a RCA connector which
fesds the Paragon.  Its a Paragon 2 in my case.  Same thing for the original
rig.

Hope this will help out, OM.

73 -  Don