Re: [TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first
From: "Mike" <gu3whn@cwgsy.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 20:00:47 -0000
Had my Paragon since new.

A few of tips......

I would probably switch the rig on and leave it for a while, possibly a few
hours to see if everything seems OK.

I would monitor the RX side on all bands and watch for comparative reports
from stations near your QTH to other stations.

I would change the backup battery.

Handbook says the following....  "a backup battery (9 volt alkaline or
Ni-Cad) can be installed in the Paragon."  First part of the following
UNDERLINED  "With the POWER switch in the ON position, and the PARAGON
operating, install the battery in the holder and plug the battery cable into
the +(V connector located in the left rear corner of the large logic board.
To verify correct installation, turn the POWER switch off and remove the
power supply cable.  After waiting a couple of minutes,reconnect the power
supply cable and turn the POWER switch back on."  Frequency and time should
be the same as when you turned it off.

It was recommended to me that the the PSU be left permanently switched on.
Mine has been on for nearly 20 years, to no detriment whatsoever.  I have
replaced my Ni-Cad battery a couple of times.

By the way, if anybody out there does have a spare RS232

All the best

73 de Mike  GU3WHN