Re: [TenTec] Ver 2.028, maybe a problem?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ver 2.028, maybe a problem?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:28:49 -0600

> I think AM mode is broke for transmit.

Yes, it appears to be. I can't get AM transmit to work either.  The system
that worked so well and produced very high quality AM in the Orion is now
broken.  I tried a full reset just to make sure it wasn't some transient
problem, but it appears to be hard coded in :-)

I also noticed during this testing that after switching back to CW, the
first time the key is closed the RF output level rises very slowly to full
output.  Then it's fine on subsequent key closures.  Don't know why I didn't
notice this before.  But something's funky ..

Sent a note to ditsnbits on both.

Grant/NQ5T