Re: [TenTec] Orion II tuning questions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II tuning questions
From: "Henry Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:33:52 -0700
On my 565 Orion - almost anything you change , BW, PBT, PWR , etc will make
the keying "stutter" if you make a change while sending - and that is with
an external keyer. So it would appear to just be built in delays or traps in
the software .

Also you might notice that with key down in CW and you move the VFO in use ,
the frequency display will change but the carrier freq does not change until
key is released  and closed again . (At least that happens on 10 meters and
most likely other bands - just noticed it on 10 CW.)  probably a   built  in
sense for synthesizer settling /lockup.

Hank K7HP