Re: [TenTec] openwire feed OT

To: Paul DeWitte K9OT <k9ot@mhtc.net>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] openwire feed OT
From: Barry LaZar <k3ndm@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:34:42 -0600 (CST)
Paul,
     You really should use a balun. The choice is a function of what you guess
the impedences are going to be. I would start with 10 or so turnws of coax at
the transition point and see what happens. This is the equivalent of a 1:1
balun. If your tuner can handle it, you're golden. If not, use a 4:1 balun.
     It is NOT generally a good idea to hook coax directly to a dipole.
However, a lot of hams do it and they do get out very well; that what's so nice
about HF. You can break a lot of rules and still have fun.

73,
Barry
K3NDM