Re: [TenTec] openwire feed OT

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] openwire feed OT
From: "HUGHESRO" <ROGERH@realtracs.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:53:59 -0600
I've did that on g5rv type and full wave loop. Feed 450 ohm ladder to piece of
1 inch pvc pipe with caps on each end and so239 in bottom and line thru slit in
top sealed with silicone. I did not hve any rfi and I'm sure not techn correct
but put lots of dx in log with 100 watts. It loaded up really well to mfj tuner
well grounded. My loops tend not to stay up to long. Am in long valley and wind
is sometimes really bad. Gud luck. Also on topic they were hooked to ten tecs.
Oh that soft, easy cw sound on a super quiet freguency. It's the sound of
heaven on earth. A little much I guess. Roger in tn w4iv.