Re: [TenTec] Mics

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mics
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 17:53:14 EST

Remember folks , we are SUPPOSED to sound like ducks on SSB, if we want
fidelity, use FM.. My thought is a good , easy to listen to signal, that  is
intelligible beats the heck out of an over modulated phony bass  enhanced
signal
that sounds like you have the microphone in the bottom of a 3  pound coffee can.

I try to put out a good sounding signal, ( Orion / TT studio one ) and I  use
an hm 10 on the 746, and an mc-80 on the ts2000, but a good signal is ok,
please don't over process it to death .  We all have a distinct voice, and
natural in nice..not too much processor, not too much microphone gain.. just
tickle the ALC..

Just my opinion , YMMV  tom N6AJR

In a message dated 2/4/2006 2:42:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
barry.n1eu@gmail.com writes:

On  2/4/06, Rob Atkinson, K5UJ <k5uj@hotmail.com> wrote:

> the  only sure fire way to figure out what a mic/rig is doing on-air is to
>  buy or borrow a decent rx (rx bandwidth = to ur tx bandwidth and flat
>  freq.
> response) put on cans and listen to yourself while you tx into a  dummy
> load.

You can judge your audio much better if you're  not talking while you're
listening.  That's why it should be recorded  either by you or by another
station and then played back.

73, Barry  N1EU