Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Orion I firmware

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] Orion I firmware
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:28:49 -0500
Duane,  the two rigs are having to be programmed seperately,  but code from
the O2 firmware is being transferred to the O1 from time to time for the
BETA releases, which would seem to indicate that the code for the O2 is more
fully developed at this time. This is what I have been told.  It would also
indicate it is the same software base as you suggested.

Both rigs share some of the same characteristics or traits, like the audio
loss below 200hz is common to both, but more servere in the O1. both
firmwares seem to have audio problems,  some will argue about this but the
audio in the O2 and 2.0 is nowhere near as good in the 1.xxx firmware.

It seems however,  that getting the V2 firmware up to speed is mired down
and considerable more time will be required to unravel it.  The reason the
firmware was released was that it was felt the firmware was stable (no
crashes) and that was the primary objective of engineering.  Operational
problems took a back seat to this objective.

However, it is the operational problems and issues thereof that are of the
utmost importance to us users of the Orion. Here is where the rubber meets
the road......can the operational issues be corrected?  I am not sure at
this point but it is looking problematic.  Thus my call for taking a second
look at 1.xxx

Toby  W4CAK