Re: [TenTec] Jupiter update problem...

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter update problem...
From: "don" <dfhjr@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:51:40 -0600
I was finally successful at upgrading my Jupiter flash after a number of
unsuccessful tries from different computers.  What finally worked:

COM1 serial port
57,600 baud
8 N 1 data parity stop
Hardware flow control

I pulled these values out of a Pegasus programmer's guide:  "Interface
Settings
The RS-232 serial interface on the Pegasus is controlled by a 16C550 UART
located on the DSP board. The interface parameters are fixed at 57,600 baud,
No Parity, 8 Data bits, 1 Stop bit. The UART uses hardware handshaking to
control the data flow between the PC and the radio. The host PC should be
set to use RTS/CTS signaling."

Prior to success with the above, I tried a USB - Serial converter, non-COM1
serial port settings, various bit rate settings, and various control flow
settings.  Levels of failure varied from locking up the update program to a
blue screen of death.  I run XP home with all the latest patches.

I would recommend downloading the Pegasus control program and verifying the
interface by controlling the Jupiter in emulation mode via the interface
settings first before trying the flash upgrade.  Flash upgrades can be
tricky.

Your mileage may vary.  Good luck.

73,
don