Re: [TenTec] tuner battle?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tuner battle?
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:38:41 -0600
Larry,
I can think of a few cases where one might use an autotuner, even though I
don't use one, hi.  If using low power (100w or less) like PSK31, etc, it
might be nice to bypass the "real tuner" and have one automatically tune a
HyTower, or some other multiband antenna.  Also, one of the older
amplifiers, sans tuned input might be a good application.  Other than that,
I don't need one, that's why I ordered the Orion II without the built-in
tuner.  I'm sure there are other reasons, but those two hit me quickly, hi.
73,
Don, WB5HAK