Re: [TenTec] tuner battle?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tuner battle?
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:35:44 -0600
You betcha.  My Orion has the autotuner, and I also have an Model 238.
Why?  Well, that's easy.  Both of my antennas require a tuner for a
number of the bands either because they are non-resonant on the band, or
because they are narrow on the band they are designed for.  I also run an
Alpha 99 at times.  So, when just playing on the bands at low power and
chasing DX, bouncing from band to band, I use the autotuner - quick and
easy.  But, if the Alpha is going to be fired up, or if the DX I'm
chasing is really weak and I want the best efficiency I can get, the 238
gets used.  Yes, I have all the settings logged for each band on each
antenna, so I can tune the 238 fairly quickly, but it's still easier to
use the autotuner when racing from band to band.  I find both tuners
perfect for the ways I use them, and like them both, but I never use them
simultaneously.

        73,  Duane