Re: [TenTec] NR - Fact or Fiction?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] NR - Fact or Fiction?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:39:04 -0600
> And which would you rather listen to?  A radio that has a
> quiet  background or one that is hissing at you when there
> are no signals or between  signals?

Obviously the former, if I can get it.  I liked the 1.371 variant of NR
better than the embodiment in the II in many respects.  The downside, as I
stated in my post, is the fact that the old version seemed to chop too much
from the high end of SSB signals, which the II does not do, or at least not
to the same extent.  The version of NR in the II also works -- although the
argument can be made that it might benefit from some tweaking.

I guess we'll see what T-T decides to do with it, if anything.  They're in
something of a trap because it's unlikely that anything they do will satisfy
everyone.  Personally, I'm not on a soapbox either way :-)

Grant/NQ5T