Re: [TenTec] Orion II and 2.031 NR

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II and 2.031 NR
From: "Douglas Shock" <douglas.shock@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:32:23 -0700
Well, I am not sure Don. I liked the idea of the hung picel going away or
atleast that it isn;t a hardware issue. The sweep does appear to be better
at indicating signal location...still a bit off though.

The NR did work better on 2.030 IMHO. It didn't distort the incoming audio
like it does now.

I have gone back to 2.030 as I am unfortuate enough to be operating on a
very sub-optimal antenna and need to milk the rig for all it is worth.
2.031seems to have defeated that.

My TX did chage as well. I run a Heil pr40 into an 8band W2IHY and just the
night before a few locals worked with me on setting it up. Yesterday I
chatted with them and they still approved of the audio. 1 hour later after
the update they said my audio had changed but couldn;t put their finger on
it.

I also found that the speaker audio level requires more imput than 2.030did.

I went back to 2.030 and the nr seems to be orking better. Would I suggest
updating??? Nope...