Re: [TenTec] 2.031 QSK bug - this is not a bug

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.031 QSK bug - this is not a bug
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:27:04 -0500
Ron - if the QSK loop is open, the rig does not transmit.  That's what
the loop is used for - to inhibit the radio from transmitting to either
allow proper sequencing of a QSK linear amplifier using a loop or to
accept a closure from another external source to TX EN to enable
transmit on the transceiver.  If you break the QSK loop (by pulling out
a cable or otherwise) while the loop is enabled in the menus, the radio
stops transmitting, yes.  This described in section (67) TX OUT / TX EN
in the Orion II manual.  Using the same jacks as a transmit inhibitor is
also described therein.

Scott Robbins W4PA