Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:25:02 -0600
> display move as you tune from the radio.  It is interesting
> to note that if you tune the Orion II with my software, the
> sweep does not stop as you tune and you can watch the screen
> and tune it in.

Interesting.  I use the software only remotely (from a computer in my
office, outside the radio room) so I haven't watched the radio at the same
time I was tuning from the PC.  Is it because I can spin the knob faster
than I can change frequency through the serial port?

I'll have to put it on my laptop, carry it into the radio room,  and try
that for sure :-)

Grant/NQ5T