Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs Omni VI

Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs Omni VI
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:17:36 -0800
Now this might start another discussion, but I installed an InRad CW
roofing filter in my VI+.  I do not have the equipment to make actual
measurements, but for CW, I believe this rig is at least equal to my
Orion--let alone a Jupe.  InRad published specs on their web site
which I took with a grain of salt at first, but the front end seems
every bit as good as an Orion with its 600hz roofing filter.  Now I'm
not really a contester and have limited antenna capabilities at this
QTH so my standards are not going to be as high as many of you.
But, if I could have the NR/NB/notch capabilities of v137x with the
stability and other improvements of v2, well, then the Orion would
have the prime place on the desk again.

Gary W7TEA