Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:03:39 EST
Yes, my real issue is hunt & pounce, as an example.
Split DX.

VFO A on DX's RX Freq.
VFO B to look for the Freq. the folks are calling him on ...up 5-10
to listen to who he is talking to.

When I am looking for the exact person calling the DX, I may (usually) see
him on the sweep.

NOW what I want to do is quickly tune to him! I don't want to do math to do
that or guess. If I am quick enough I can tune to him and be ready when he
signs to call right there on that freq. (TX set to VFO B)

Your mileage may vary but that is what I want the real time sweep for.

Also, let's say you are on 15 and there's a signal up 40, it would be nice to
quickly tune to it to get the DX before he goes away in some cases they just
don't stay that long. I don't want to try to figure how many KHz up he is, I
just want to tune to him.

Oh well, that's my take on it....
73,
Lee, KC9CDT