Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW
From: Lin Davis <linbdavis@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:47:07 -0500
Interesting! I wonder if Ten-Tec did this to reduce the DSP workload thus
increasing overall performance (i.e.. sweep, and user input response). If I
understand correctly, if you cut the bandwidth that a DSP filter must contend
with by 2, you cut the "work load" by four; the filter requires half the
coefficients, and since the sampling rate can be cut in half as well,
(decimation is the term), a factor of one-fourth results!

73,
Lin
WB1AIW