Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:35:18 -0500
Of course what you said is true, but it is still better to have a matched
antenna on receive.   There is always the possiblity of very low atmosheric
noise on a given night and the extra signal just might make the difference,
especially on 10 meters.  Why do people insist on using a 9 to 1 balun on
receive only beverage antennas?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain