Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:23:12 -0400
I have a 585 Paragon and have used it on CW, SSB, and RTTY. I use a
Kantronics KAM that I have had for many years with 3 different rigs to
interface with the computer through the computer RS-232 port, and it keys
the radio through the FSK jacks while collecting audio at line levels in the
back. The keying is fine in RTTY mode, the audio decodes nicely and the
great filtering allows basically single signal reception at 250Hz with
available audio filtering beyond that. The radio also has the RS-232 board
and I can easily control it for mode, frequency, filtering, etc., through a
searate RS-232 port on the computer. Now, all that being said, I do seem to
have an offset between receive and transmit frequencies is FSK mode. I
suspect I need to adjust the various BFO trimmers, although the radio is
dead on frequency for USB/LSB. Not having ready access to a frequency
counter, I have not had the chance to check this, but otherwise the radio
works great on this mode.

=Vic=
WA4THR