Re: [TenTec] Airplane "reboots"

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airplane "reboots"
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:53:48 -0500
During my time in Malaysia, I well remember the "fog" pouring out of air
vents in the Comet IV airliners Malaysian Airways flew between countries on
longer routes.

We used to leave tube radios on to keep condensation at bay from taking out
meters and transformers.  Having 100 per cent humidity nearly every day
except at noon and for one hour, meant you planned when to hang out the
washing, how to seal and protect your camera and spare film, slides, etc.
against fungus, mildew, and moisture condensing.

One American rig that used edge wise but not sealed meters, the Drake 4
series, was susceptable to meter going open circuit due to moisture effects.

Stuart
K5KVH