Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:34:30 -0700
Hey Berry, in my 30 years of working in the IT industry (where the software
bug was invented), I do not recall anyone ever publicly publishing a bug
list and certainly no list of expected fix dates.

The rare few do have web pages where you can look that stuff up but these
are few and far between.

The best thing to do is simply do what Ten-Tec asks us to do and that is
report all bugs to the designated address.

Now I'm making an assumption here but I'll bet that if 100 people report a
bug and just 5 people report another, the one reported by 100 people gets
fixed first.

Perhaps an interesting question might be to ask all Orion owners if they had
to do it all over again, would they rather have their radio early and deploy
bug fixes as they come, or would they rather have waited several months to
get one with less bugs.  I know what my answer is.  NOW.  The sooner the
better.  For hardware bugs, it would be different, but for software bugs,
I'll take the radio now.

73
Rick