Re: [TenTec] Subject: Re: Omni CW vs SSB

To: kg6tt@arrl.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Subject: Re: Omni CW vs SSB
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:22:14 -0700 (PDT)
Haven't used the Mic on my  Omni V much.  Transmit
audio is great on it though using just the 705 Mic
(the model WITH the windscreen!  hi hi.  But what I've
found with mine is, I need the processor on for even
normal operation. If I put the processor on 11 o'clock
to noon., the audio reportedly is great.  I've tried
this audio check with a number of hams. Is this
everyone else's experience? Are they just designed
this way? In the past I've used processing very
little, so this was a surprise to me.  I'm talking
about audio in normal, strong signal situations. It's
almost like the mic  doesn't havce quite output enough
to fully drive.....Now that I'm typing this, I just
remember noticing for the first time, on my recently
purchase rig and Mike, that the 705 takes a 9v
battery. To run a small mike pre amp I presume. Might
be a good idea to put a new battery in that thing ,
who knows how long it's been.