Re: [TenTec] 40 Meter QRM

To: na9u@arrl.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 40 Meter QRM
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 08:39:02 -1000
John,

Thankfully I have not heard the "woodpecker" for a long time. My
recollection of it is that the pulse rate was lower than what I heard
last night. What I heard last night was more like a cicada than a
woodpecker. I checked up and down in frequency and did not hear it below
7000 kHz or above 7090 kHz, nor did I hear it on any other bands. This
morning I don't hear it at all, which is consistent with the notion that
it is not generated locally, or it is turned off.

Ken N6KB